Wednesday, July 8, 2009

RIP, The King of Pop


I may be three weeks late, but I felt that I had to report about the death of the Legendary King of Pop, Michael Joseph Jackson. He died on June 25 2009, just one month shy of his 51st birthday. Jackson had been rehearsing for his tour of 50 shows through out Europe, reports of those who where in attendance of his last rehearsal at the Staple Center in LA, said he was, "Phenomenal", that he seemed to be, "at the top of his game", but behind the scenes, those closed to Jackson feared if he would be strong enough to play all 50 of his scheduled shows. Though us true fans knew that he would have done his best, and would have given the fans a show well worth their money.

The Jackson family is in our hearts and minds as we pray for Jackson's brothers and sisters, his mother and especially his three beautiful children. I was able to watch the memorial service that took place at the Staple Center on July 7th, 2009. I watched in awe as his friends and family took to the stage to honor his life and his amazing talents. I was able to keep a pretty upbeat composure until the very end when Jackson's daughter Paris, spoke about what a great father he was and that she loved him and will miss him. My heart truly goes out to his children who lost there father at too early an age. my heart also goes out to his mother Katherine, it is one of the worst things in life to have to bury a child, most of us watch others who have to go through it, and now she must.

Michael Jackson truly was the King of Pop, he knew how to captivate any audience with just a kick, or the flip of his hat. He was a true philanthropist, holding the record for the most charities supported by a pop star. he loved the world and the world loved him. He was, in my book, the greatest and most versatile entertainer that ever lived, I hope that is how he will be remembered. We would be doing his family a great disservice if we did not remember him for the great man that he was, and instead tried to once again pry into his personal life. I think it is what he deserves to finally leave him and his family alone. Again I say he was truly the King of Pop and I will miss him dearly.

Rest in Peace Michael Joseph Jackson

August 29, 1958-June 25, 2009

2 comments:

thecatlady said...

Micheal Jackson will be sorely missed. How will it make anything better to know the intimate details of his personal life? Would anyone's life stand up to that kind of scrutiny? Whatever his personal demons, he entertained us for years with his cutting edge music and videos and his memory and his family deserve to be left with some dignity.

LeaMarie said...

I agree CatLady, thnak you for your comment!